As usual, it has been far too long since I’ve posted an update last. It’s been—what?—just a hair over three years since I’ve posted an update? I won’t regale you, my friends, with the tedium of catching up on every little detail since I last made a post in December of 2011, but here are some highlights since I’ve last checked in:
- I’ve successfully submitted and defended my PhD in Theology, and graduated on July 9th, 2013 from the University of Nottingham.
- In August 2013, we moved back to California, residing for now in Sacramento.
- I’ve been working part-time doing website work.
- Tiana has been working full-time at the head office of Catholic Charities of California.
- We are renting a cute house in the “Alhambra Triangle” / East Sacramento / Oak Park / whatever area.
- We bought a 2010 silver Prius. I am getting fatter.
- But we’ve just joined a gym so that we can work on ourselves.
- We’ve adopted a bunny and named her Piper.
- Andi our tortoiseshell cat is cute as ever, but she just caught her first bout of the fleas.
In the meantime, I have continued to look for and apply for academic jobs while also keeping up with some editing and writing duties to keep my soul afloat. Also, boardgames have helped with that.
I’ve updated the theme apparatus of this blog a bit, keeping it simple. I’ll provide brief and occasionally frequent updates this year, to maintain some semblance of constancy in reflection on our lives as well. I think the practice is a good one.